To acknowledge the contribution made by the AFUW-SA, the University of Adelaide has established in perpetuity, the Australian Federation of University Women South Australia Inc. Trust Postdoctoral Grants. The aim of the grants is to help female postdoctoral fellows to establish their careers.
The Grants will provide financial assistance to early career female postdoctoral fellows at the University of Adelaide who will be presenting either a research poster or an oral research presentation at a conference, or require small grant support for research not covered by other funding sources.
Examples of such support include:
- Travel to make use of collections or laboratories
- Cost of collection of data
- Purchase of equipment
Administration of Postdoctoral grants
The University of Aelaide administers the AFUW-SA Inc. Trust Postdoctoral Grants. All correspondence relating to these grants must be directed to the University. Details are below.
- The grant scheme is open to all female academic staff employed by the University of Adelaide.
- Staff may be employed either full-time or part-time, and hold either a continuing or limited term contract position. However, in all cases, any current appointment must extend at least to the end of 2017.
- The Grants will be awarded to female Postdoctoral fellows with preference given to applicants awarded a Doctor of Philosophy not more than five years prior to the closing date for applications.
- An applicant may only lodge one application per year.
How a bursary may be used
Awards are made on the condition that they are used solely for the purpose stated in the application (i.e. for travel to the conference, conference accommodation, registration and any legitimate scholarly or research-related expense).
Grants must be utilised in the calendar year in which they are awarded.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
All applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- A completed AFUW grant application form
- A statement of purpose (maximum of two A4 pages)
- A summary curriculum vitae (maximum of five A4 pages)
- A letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor or Head of School (maximum of one A4 page)
Applications are to be submitted in electronic format by 5.00pm 31 March 2017 to:
Dr Dale Godfrey
Level 4, Rundle Mall Plaza, 50 Rundle Mall
The University of Adelaide